Horseback riding Mendoza a real Gaucho day
- Transfer in/out from your accommodation.
- 3-hour horseback ride with Gaucho guide.
- Breakfast, barbecue, wine, salads, homemade bread and dessert.
- One horse per participant.
- Bilingual guide from Mendoza
- Staff trained in first aid.
- Pick up further away 20 km of Mendoza City
- Other food or wines.
- Services not specified.
8:30 a.m. pick up at your accommodation for the activity.
10:30 a.m welcome and breakfast at Don Daniel’s mountain hut.
11:30 a.m start of the Horseback riding Mendoza.
2:30 p.m lunch (barbacue).
4:30 p.m end of the activity and return to Mendoza City (6:30 pm aprox).
Do I need experience in horseback riding?
No, since horses are very gentle and docile. It is important not to be afraid of animals.
What should I bring?
- Sports clothing: long pants, coat, windbreaker, hat, gloves and sneakers or boots.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Mate kit, if you like.
- Mineral water
I need a different menu because I am a vegetarian/ have dietary restrictions.
No problem! We will prepare something special for you. Just let us know upon booking.
Horseback riding in Mendoza through its magical landscapes: a full day to experience our regional culture. At Don Daniel mountain hut you will get to know the Cordón del Plata and enjoy typical Argentinean activities, such as drinking mate with sopaipillas (a deep-fried pastry), or eating a great asado (barbecue) in the mountains.
What does the activity consist of?
It will be a typical gaucho day from the beginning to the end. Don Daniel’s is a true mountain hut, which allows each visitor to share its family tradition. You will enjoy the calm and the immensity of the Andes on horseback, and our host will guide you through unique trails, only known to those who inhabit this area. You will have a unique experience off the beaten track.
- To start, some delicious mates with tortas fritas (fried pastries): you will be welcomed at the ranch with delicious homemade fried pastries.
- And then let’s get ready to ride. We will meet the horse and the muleteer, and we will visit places that will surprise us with their natural beauty. A tip: Take a camera! What we will see is just unbelievable.
- After 3 hours of riding, we know you’ll be hungry, so here comes the best part! We will prepare a great asado -with a vegetarian option for those who prefer so-, accompanied by quality wine from Mendoza. We will conclude the day with a delicious dessert.
- Finally, with all the satisfaction for the experience we had, we say goodbye to return again by road to Mendoza. Until the next adventure!
Who is the Horseback riding Mendoza recommended for?
For those looking for a local cultural experience. With this horseback riding in Mendoza tour, you will get to know the traditional life in the Andes, from the typical food to the gaucho skills par excellence.
As this is a low-demanding activity, entire families can come along.
Places we will visit:
- Potrerillos route: From Mendoza to our destination you will have a 2-hour drive, where you will pass through the most picturesque towns of Mendoza: Cacheuta, and Potrerillos with its important dam.
- Front Range – Cordón del Plata: Cordón del Plata is a mountain range belonging to the Front Range, which is located in the departments of Tupungato and Luján de Cuyo. In these mountains, surrounded by sixthousanders and fourthousanders (mountains summits between 4,000 and 6,000 m.a.s.l.), important watercourses for the area originate: Las Mulas, Vallecitos, Río Blanco and El Salto streams.
- Puesto Las Lajas (in Las Vegas) – Don Daniel’s mountain hut: in this picturesque mountain hut you will be welcomed by Daniel, an authentic gaucho of the area, who invites us to visit his house among the mountains for a complete cultural experience and unforgettable horseback riding in Mendoza.