Hike to Confluencia – Aconcagua From Mendoza
- Meals (packed lunch, fruit, cereal bars)
- Professional trekking guide
- Customized service (small groups).
- First aid kit
- First aid trained staff
- Pick up at more than 20 km. from Mendoza City.
- Personal equipment.
- Park’s entrance fee.
- Any other service not mentioned
Do I need to be in good physical condition?
Yes, because it is a moderately demanding hike: it will be a long day, at high altitude and with 400 meters of elevation gain. That is why it is important that you do physical activity on a regular basis.
Do you offer an alternative menu?
Of course! If you are vegetarian, or have any dietary restrictions, we will prepare something special for you. Just let us know upon booking.
What should I take?
- Sports clothing: long pants, coat, windbreaker, hat, gloves and sports or trekking shoes.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Personal identification and cash for the entrance fee to the Park.
- Mineral water.
Would you like to get to know Mount Aconcagua in one day? We invite you on our hike up to the base camp of the highest mountain of the Americas. Our Confluencia hike is an trip that allows you to experience the challenge of high-mountain hiking, and also to get to know the marvelous Aconcagua Provincial Park.
What does the experience consist of?
We will introduce you to the world of high altitude mountaineering, walking through one of the parks of the famous “7 summits” (the highest peaks in the world).
It will be about 8 hours of hiking at 3,000 and 3,400 m.a.s.l. so it is a great challenge of moderate intensity! You will need to be prepared.
The Confluencia hike day will start early in the morning. We will pick you up from your lodging to head to Aconcagua, and on the way we will have views of iconic locations in the area: Cacheuta, Potrerillos Dam, Uspallata and Puente del Inca (Inca Bridge).
Our goal of the day? reaching the Confluencia camp, the place where hundreds of mountaineers camp every day with ambitious goals and after long traverses. The scenery will leave us speechless at every step.
Who is this activity recommended for?
We recommend the Confluencia Hike to people in excellent physical condition, who wish to live a one-day experience in the mountains.
We will be hiking for 16 km, crossing 400 m of elevation gain, so the level of difficulty will be intermediate. It is not necessary to have experience in high altitude mountaineering, but you do need to do physical activity on a regular basis.
About the place
- Aconcagua Provincial Park: This is an area known worldwide for the famous Mount Aconcagua, which at 6962 m is the highest in the western hemisphere. The Park preserves the glaciers that feed rivers and meadows of enormous natural beauty, but not only that, it also preserves archaeological heritage: Aconcagua itself was a ceremonial site of the Incas, and it is part of the Andean road system “Qhapac Ñan” -Inca Trail-, declared World Heritage Site by Unesco.
- Confluencia. Mount Aconcagua’s base camp: At 3,368 meters above sea level we have the first base camp of Mount Aconcagua. It is reached after crossing mountains, glaciers and rivers; accompanied by flora, fauna and panoramic views. There you can see the movement of travelers coming and going from their long expeditions, and all the logistics of the park. It is a postcard of an immense landscape full of colorful tents.