Hiking and barbecue Mendoza
- Customized service (small groups).
- Professional trekking guide
- Pick up from your accommodations
- Snacks (fruits, cereal bar)
- Barbecue and local wine
- First aids personal trained
- Pick up further away 20 km of Mendoza City
- Personal gear
1:30 p.m. Barbecue
6:30 p.m. Arrival in Mendoza (approx.).
Do I need to have experience?
No, this activity is ideal for beginners, with or without mountain experience. The only requirement is to be able to maintain a prolonged hike at a slow but continuous pace.
What should I bring?
- Sports clothing: long pants, coat, windbreaker, hat, gloves and sports or trekking shoes.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Personal ID and Park entrance fee payment receipt.
- Mineral water
I need a different menu because I am a vegetarian/ have dietary restrictions.
No problem! We will prepare something special for you. Just let us know upon booking.
We would like to invite you to this beautiful activity that combines the best of Mendoza’s mountain life, recreational hiking, and the traditional Argentinean food par excellence: the asado gaucho (barbecue).
What does the experience consist of?
You will experience a full day regional tour. The activity will begin in the Front Mountain Range -at 2,400 meters above sea level- with a low-difficulty 3-hour hike.
During the tour we will get to know the typical way of life of the locals, with their livestock and their pace of life, so different from that of the city. We will also see local wildlife: condors, guanacos and foxes.
And as we reach higher altitudes, we will be amazed by the great views of Potrerillos, its dam and the pre-mountain range.
Anything else? Of course, here is the best part: upon finishing the hike, we will arrive at the authentic mountain hut of Daniel, our gaucho friend. There we will be welcomed for a delicious asado criollo, with the best Argentinean meat. Although if you would rather not eat meat, all you have to do is say so, and we will prepare a vegetarian menu for you which –we are not lying– is so tasty that we always have to plan some extra servings… because there is no one who won’t have it!
And the must-try: we will serve our asado with pure-bred Mendoza wine.
Who is the Hiking and Barbecue Mendoza recommended for?
Hiking and barbecue Mendoza is recommended to everyone. As it is a low-intensity hike, it does not exclude anyone: families and/or people with no previous experience can join us, and they will undoubtedly enjoy the whole experience.
Places we will visit:
- Andes Front Range – Cordon del Plata: located west of the province of Mendoza, this mountain range starting at 2,400 m.a.s.l. is an ancient unit rejuvenated by recent geological processes. Trekking on the Cordón del Cerro Plata, we will find powerful landscapes and beautiful local fauna.
- View of Potrerillos Dam: 60 km. from the city of Mendoza, this great dam regulates the flows of the Mendoza River. And with its almost 1500 mts. of surface, it stands out among the mountains with a magical landscape.
- Las Lajas mountain hut (in Valle del Sol) – “Rancho Don Daniel”: This picturesque mountain hut is the home of our friend Daniel, an authentic gaucho of the area who invites us to meet him and share a great experience: the famous “asado criollo” (barbecue), and many good stories.